Car accidents cause devastating injuries and overwhelming financial burdens for accident victims. Knowing what to do after a collision or where to turn for help can be difficult.
The Naperville car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid have over 74 years of combined experience representing accident victims and their families. Our law firm has recovered over $150,000,000 in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients.
Our legal team is dedicated to fighting for the rights of injured parties. We have a Superb 10.0 Rating with Avvo and have been recognized by several organizations for our outstanding legal services. You can trust that we will do everything possible to recover the maximum amount available in your personal injury case.
Contact our law office today at (630) 428-4040 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer in Naperville, IL. We are here for you when you need trusted legal counsel and support after a car crash.
How Our Naperville Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Car Accident
We understand that you and your family have been through a traumatic event. A negligent driver can turn your world upside down. It might be challenging to put the car accident behind you and move forward.
The last thing you need is an insurance adjuster pressuring you to settle the accident claim. You deserve to be treated with respect and fairness. Our lawyers will stand up to the insurance company on your behalf while you focus on healing.
If you hire our award-winning legal team at the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid, you can expect us to:
- Begin an independent car accident investigation to determine why the crash occurred
- Identify all parties who are to blame for the cause of the car accident
- Verify insurance coverage and file insurance claims
- Document your damages and calculate how much your claim is worth
- Work with medical experts, accident reconstructionists, and other expert witnesses as necessary
- Negotiate a fair settlement agreement for your case
- File a lawsuit and take the case to court if that is the best way to protect your rights
You are not alone. Our legal team is here to help you by guiding you through each step of the claims process. Call now for a free consultation to discuss how our Naperville car accident attorneys can help you with your case.
How Many Car Accidents Occur in Naperville, Illinois?
The Illinois Department of Transportation provides a City Summary Crash Report for cities throughout Illinois.
The car accident statistics for Naperville in 2021, according to the report, include the following:
- 1,876 total crashes
- 6 fatal car accidents
- 469 injury crashes
- 695 rear-end accidents (the most common type of crash in 2021)
- 18 bicycle accidents
- 15 pedestrian accidents
- More car accidents happened on Tuesdays than on any other day
- 53 drunk driving and drugged driving accidents
- 15 fatigued driving traffic crashes
- 22 motorcycle accidents
- 39 accidents involving a tractor with a semi-trailer
Naperville is located in DuPage County. In comparison, there were 15,329 traffic accidents in DuPage County in 2021, including the accidents in Naperville. Fatal crashes for the entire county totaled 43, with 3,534 injury accidents.
What Are Common Causes of Naperville Car Crashes?
Many of the car accidents in Naperville are caused by driver negligence. Poor driving decisions and dangerous driving behaviors account for most of the traffic accidents each year.
Common causes of traffic crashes include:
- Distracted driving
- Failing to obey traffic signals
- Drunk driving
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Road rage and aggressive driving
- Texting and driving
- Following too closely
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Improper lane changes and turns
All drivers have a duty of care to follow traffic laws and take reasonable steps to avoid causing car crashes. When a driver breaches their duty of care, they can be held liable for injuries and damages caused by the car wreck.
What Damages Can I Receive After a Car Accident in Naperville, IL?
Car accident victims are generally entitled to receive economic damages when another party causes a car crash.
Economic damages include:
- The cost of medical treatment and care
- Expenses related to therapy and rehabilitation
- Cost of nursing and/or personal care
- Out-of-pocket expenses and costs
- Loss of wages, benefits, future earning potential, and other income
In addition, the accident victim can receive compensation for the pain and suffering caused by a car accident.
These damages are called non-economic damages and include the following:
- Physical pain and discomfort
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Impairments and disabilities
- Diminished quality of life
The facts of the case and the severity of your injuries determine how much a car accident claim is worth.
Illinois Auto Insurance Requirements
Illinois drivers are required by law to have a minimum amount of liability insurance.
- $25,000 for injury or death to one person
- $50,000 for injury or death per accident
- $20,000 property damage
Unfortunately, $25,000 does not compensate a victim for catastrophic injuries. However, there could be other sources of compensation available. Talk with our attorneys to determine what options for compensation might be available in your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Naperville Auto Accident Lawyers
At the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid, we take accident cases based on a contingency fee. You do not owe any attorneys’ fees until we win your case. Contact us for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Naperville, IL.