Were you injured in an accident caused by another party’s actions in Naperville, Illinois? You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, mental anguish, and lost wages. However, personal injury claims can be complex and may require the assistance of an experienced legal advocate.
The Naperville personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid are here to help you get back on your feet after your accident. We have over 74 years of combined experience and have recovered over $150 million in life-changing awards and settlements.
We know how to fight insurance companies and other tough opponents to secure the best possible outcomes for our clients. We’ll use our skills, experience, and knowledge of personal injury laws to fight for you throughout your case and get the maximum compensation available.
We offer a free consultation and work on a contingency fee basis – meaning there are no fees unless we win your case. We’re available 24/7 to take your call and explain your legal rights and options, so contact us today to schedule a free consultation at (630) 428-4040.
Why Should I Hire the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid To Handle My Case?
Insurance adjusters are professional negotiators known for undermining, undervaluing, and denying valid claims. No matter how nice they may seem, they aren’t on your side. They’re actively working to pay you as little as possible.
Having an attorney advocating for you is the best way to put you on equal footing with an insurance company. An attorney at the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid will have your best interests in mind throughout the process and will fight to ensure you receive a fair amount.
If you hire our Naperville personal injury lawyers, you can rest assured that we’ll:
- Offer compassionate, honest legal advice and ensure you’re informed every step of the way
- Investigate your accident and gather solid evidence proving causation, liability, and the actual value of your damages
- Handle your personal injury claim from start to finish until you’re satisfied with the results
- Negotiate with opposing parties on your behalf and protect you against victim-blaming tactics
- Consult leading experts to understand and prove complex technical aspects of your case
- Argue your case at trial if we fail to secure a fair out-of-court settlement agreement for you
Let us put our 74+ years of collective legal experience to work for you while you focus on recovering from your injuries. We’ve won over $150,000,000 for our prior clients, and we’re prepared to take on your legal battle to get you the amount you deserve.
Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss the available avenues for compensation, the damages you can seek, and the legal services we provide.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
You likely have a personal injury case if someone’s negligent, intentional, or reckless actions caused you harm.
Here are some scenarios that may give rise to a valid claim for damages:
- A distracted motorist rear-ends your vehicle, causing a car accident
- A defective product injures you (product liability)
- A property owner fails to fix a broken railing, causing you to slip and fall
- Your physician doesn’t order proper diagnostic testing and fails to diagnose your condition (medical malpractice)
- A tired truck driver veers into your lane and causes severe injuries
These are just a few examples. Call today to see if you have a valid personal injury claim.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer will be your best chance at securing the maximum amount possible in your claim for compensation.
Here are just a few of the benefits of having a personal injury lawyer on your side:
- It’ll level the playing field: Insurance companies aim to pay claimants as little as possible. An attorney will protect you and ensure you receive a fair amount.
- They’ll have access to leading experts: Many personal injury claims involve complex topics. An experienced lawyer will know experts who can help value damages, prove liability, and explain the extent of your injuries and how they’ll impact your life.
- You’ll likely be blamed: If you share fault for causing the accident, your damages will be reduced proportionately. You may even be barred from recovery if you share more than 50% of the blame. An attorney will protect you against victim-blaming allegations.
- You need time to rest: If you’re recovering from injuries, the last thing you likely want to deal with is a legal battle. A lawyer will alleviate your stress and allow you to focus on recovering.
Most importantly, a personal injury lawyer will advocate for you throughout the legal process and ensure you receive the best outcome.
What Cases Do Personal Injury Lawyers Accept?
Personal injury lawyers accept all types of cases, including those involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Electric scooter accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Negligent security
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Wrongful death
- Birth injuries
- Child injuries
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- And more
A personal injury lawyer will accept cases involving incidents that result in harm to victims. Usually, these accidents are caused by another person’s negligent or intentional actions.
What Happens When a Defendant Refuses To Make a Personal Injury Settlement Offer?
Most personal injury claims settle without needing to go to court. However, that’s not always the case. If a defendant refuses to offer a settlement (or refuses to offer a fair settlement), you have other options.
We’ll be prepared to file a formal complaint and initiate a personal injury lawsuit against them on your behalf. Once we file a lawsuit, the pre-trial discovery process begins. This includes depositions, interrogatories, requests for production, and more. We will continue to try to settle the case, but if negotiations fail, the case will go to trial.
If your case goes to trial, it will take much longer than if it were to settle out of court. However, this may be our only option if the defendant refuses to settle in good faith.
Why Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim allows an injured person (plaintiff) to seek compensation from the party who caused their injuries (defendant).
Personal injury causes of action aren’t meant to punish defendants. These claims are filed to make plaintiffs “whole” again after accidents. Otherwise, injury victims would be forced to bear the financial responsibility for something they didn’t cause, which would be an unfair outcome.
For example, if a negligent motorist ran into a pedestrian who had the right of way, the motorist should be responsible for paying the pedestrian’s damages. It would be an unfair outcome if the pedestrian had to pay their own medical bills for something they had no control over.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases
The Naperville personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid handle all personal injury cases, including:
Illinois drivers must carry bodily injury liability auto insurance to cover injuries they cause in collisions. If you were hurt in a car accident in Illinois, we’ll help you file insurance claims and a personal injury lawsuit if necessary.
Slip and Fall Accidents
If you slipped and fell on someone else’s property due to uneven or slick surfaces, loose wires, lack of adequate lighting, or any other defect, you may have a valid case. It’s crucial to take action as soon as possible before the property owner fixes the hazard.
Bicycles are a good way to get around Naperville to avoid heavy traffic throughout Chicago. However, when bicyclists are in collisions, they tend to suffer debilitating injuries or even death. Call us to speak with our attorneys if you’ve been struck by a vehicle in Naperville, IL.
Most employers in Illinois are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance for workers who get injured on the job. If you were involved in a workplace accident, contact our attorneys for help filing a workers’ compensation claim for benefits. We’ll be there if your claim is denied, and we’ll help you identify all avenues for compensation, including third-party claims.
Nursing Home Abuse
When you trust a nursing home to care for your loved one, you expect the providers to treat them with respect and dignity. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case, and your loved one may be neglected, abused, or exploited. We’re here to stand up for your loved one and ensure we hold the nursing home accountable for their actions.
You visit healthcare providers to monitor your health or improve your condition. However, medical professionals can make mistakes that cause you substantial harm. If you’ve been the victim of medical malpractice, we’ll help you hold the responsible parties liable for your injuries.
As a consumer, you expect that products on the market are safe. Unfortunately, even with strict testing procedures and regulations, products can have defects in their design, manufacturing, or marketing. We’ll help you file a claim against the seller, manufacturer, or other parties to recover compensation for your damages.
Illinois property owners have a duty to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition for visitors and guests. That includes providing adequate security, unobstructed walkways, and warning signs if there are any known hazards. If they fail to do this, you may have a valid premises liability claim.
Motorcyclists are at a higher risk of sustaining severe injuries in collisions than other vehicle occupants due to the lack of protection afforded by motorcycles. If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, call us for assistance with your claim.
Truck accidents cause catastrophic injuries, particularly to occupants of passenger vehicles. Even though truckers must follow strict trucking regulations, they’re often on tight deadlines and are overworked or tired, leading to collisions. We’ll help you hold the truck driver, trucking company, manufacturer of a defective truck component, or anyone else responsible for your accident injuries.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Your claim could be worth a couple thousand or millions of dollars, depending on the circumstances.
While we cannot give an exact dollar amount without knowing the specifics, the value of your Naperville personal injury case will depend on the following factors:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- How your injuries impact your ability to work and your quality of life
- The parties involved in your accident
- Whether any insurance coverage applies
- Whether you share fault for the accident
- The pain, suffering, and emotional distress you’ve endured due to the accident and injuries
- Your age at the moment of the accident
- The defendant’s intent when they caused the accident
- The value of medical expenses, lost wages, and out-of-pocket costs you’ve incurred
Other things may affect the value of your case. During your free consultation, we can give you a better understanding of the damages you can seek after learning more about your accident and how it’s impacted your everyday life.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After an Accident in Illinois?
Personal injury victims typically have two years to file a lawsuit under the Illinois statute of limitations. If you fail to file your case within this statutory deadline, you’ll forfeit your right to hold the at-fault party liable for your damages.
Two years isn’t a lot of time. You must reach maximum medical improvement and allow your attorney enough time to investigate the accident and gather evidence. Additionally, there may be exceptions to the general statute of limitations, such as if a government agency is involved.
It’s imperative that you get in touch with a personal injury lawyer in Naperville as soon as possible so they can initiate the claims process and preserve your legal rights to compensation.
What Damages Are Available to Naperville Accident Victims?
Naperville accident victims are entitled to economic and non-economic damages from the party who caused their injuries.
Economic damages refer to the tangible, monetary losses you sustain, such as:
- Past medical expenses, including ER bills, doctor’s visits, and more
- Future medical costs for rehabilitative care, physical therapy, ongoing treatment, etc.
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Lost earning potential
- Other out-of-pocket expenses you incurred
Non-economic damages are the intangible, personal losses you sustain, such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of society
- Permanent impairment or disability
- Mental anguish
You should keep receipts, billing statements, and detailed records of your expenses and personal losses to make it easier to keep track of them. An experienced personal injury attorney in Naperville will help you calculate the full extent of your damages and pursue fair compensation from the liable parties.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Most personal injury lawyers in Naperville – including the attorneys at the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid – work on a contingency fee basis. That means you owe nothing upfront and only pay if we win your case.
Under a contingency fee arrangement, we’ll take a pre-agreed percentage of your awarded settlement, verdict, or benefits. Our fee will depend on the type of case, complexity, and other factors. During your free consultation, we’ll explain our contingency fee agreement and what you can expect to pay if your case is successful.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
What you do after an accident can affect the outcome of a personal injury claim if you file one.
Here are some tips on what you should do if you’re involved in an accident in Naperville, IL:
- Stay at the scene and call 911: You should never flee an accident scene before notifying the authorities. Having a police officer dispatched to the accident will ensure that you receive an accident report, which is crucial evidence for an insurance claim or lawsuit. They can also investigate and provide preliminary determinations of fault.
- Don’t admit fault: Even if you think you’re to blame for the accident, don’t vocalize it. You can’t be sure who is at fault until a thorough investigation has been conducted. Other parties can use your admission against you, so be cooperative but say as little as possible.
- Exchange information with involved parties: You should also collect information from any eyewitness in case you need their statements later.
- Gather evidence: If possible, take photographs and videos of the accident scene.
- Seek medical attention: It’s essential to see a healthcare provider immediately after the accident. You may be unaware of your injuries if your adrenaline is high or you’re in shock. Additionally, your medical record will provide a causal link establishing that the accident caused your injuries.
You should consult an experienced Naperville personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your accident, injuries, and who may be liable for your damages.
Who Could Be Liable for My Injuries After an Accident?
Liability will depend on the type of case and the parties involved.
For example, the following parties could be responsible for your injuries:
- Other motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, or motorcyclists in a motor vehicle accident case
- Physicians, nurses, hospitals, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers in a medical malpractice case
- Employers in a workplace accident case or a claim based on vicarious liability
- Manufacturers, sellers, designers, distributors, and others in a product liability case
- Property owners, occupiers, manufacturers, and others in a premises liability case
- Truck drivers, trucking companies, cargo loaders, manufacturers, and others in a truck accident case
- Government agencies
Multiple parties can share liability in a personal injury case. We’ll help you identify every party who may share liability to ensure we recover the maximum amount possible for you.
How Long Will My Personal Injury Case Take?
A personal injury claim can take as little as weeks and as long as years, depending on the circumstances. Most cases are resolved out of court, and the main factor is the willingness of the opposing party to settle in good faith.
However, negotiations may go back and forth for weeks or months before we reach a fair agreement. Additionally, it can take time for the insurance company to issue a check and for the funds to be in your possession.
If your case goes to trial, it may take more than a year. It takes time to complete pre-trial discovery and get on the docket for a trial. However, your case can still settle at any time before trial.
Contact Our Experienced Naperville Personal Injury Lawyers For Legal Help
Were you injured in Naperville, IL? You don’t have to take on your legal battle alone. Let the experienced legal team at the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid advocate for you while you focus on healing.
Our Naperville personal injury attorneys have over 74 years of combined experience helping injured victims recover compensation after devastating accidents. We’ve won hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients, and we’re ready to fight for you.
Contact us today for a free consultation with our compassionate attorneys, and we’ll explain how we can help you.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Naperville, IL
Personal Injury Lawyer Review
Read more of our reviews here.
Naperville, IL Hospitals
- Edward Hospital – Main Campus – 801 S Washington St, Naperville, IL 60540
- Edward-Elmhurst Heart Hospital – 801 S Washington St, Naperville, IL 60540
- Advocate Health Care – 100 Spalding Dr, Naperville, IL 60540
- Edward-Elmhurst Health Center – 2007 95th St, Naperville, IL 60564
- Edward Hospital ER – 801 S Washington St, Naperville, IL 60540
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. And the information contained on the website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.