Intersections are a common site for car accidents in Naperville, IL. Unfortunately, intersection crashes often result in catastrophic injuries and trigger head-on collisions and side-impact crashes. Accident victims deserve full compensation for their injuries and damages.
Our Naperville car accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid have over 75 years of experience handling personal injury cases. We have recovered more than $150 million in damages on behalf of our clients.
How Our Naperville Car Accident Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured In an Intersection Accident
The legal team at the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid has decades of experience representing car accident victims. We understand the financial, physical, and emotional damages victims of intersection accidents suffer. We get top results for our clients.
Our top-rated Naperville car accident lawyers have been included on the list of best car accident attorneys in Naperville by Expertise. We are also included on America’s Top 100 Attorneys and Illinois Super Lawyers lists. Our attorneys have Superb ratings with Avvo and a 5-star rating on Google.
When you hire the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of the intersection crash to identify all responsible parties
- Document your injuries and damages to determine how much your case is worth
- Work with top experts in their field to gather additional evidence to strengthen your case
- Prepare and file all documents necessary to pursue a car accident claim
- Fight allegations of contributory fault that could reduce your compensation for a car accident claim
- Aggressively negotiate for a settlement amount that compensates you fully for all damages
- File a lawsuit and proceed to court, if necessary
You should not have to battle the insurance company for the at-fault driver for fair compensation for your damages. You should also be able to focus on your recovery and healing from injuries instead of being pressured by an insurance adjuster to accept a low settlement offer.
Let our legal team handle this battle for you. Call now for a free case evaluation from an experienced intersection accident attorney in Naperville, IL.
Common Causes of Intersection Accidents in Naperville, IL
Many of the car accidents in Naperville occur at intersections. Some of the most dangerous intersections in Naperville include:
- Intersections along IL-59
- Washington Street in downtown Naperville
- Jackson Avenue and Main Street
According to statistics from the Federal Highway Administration, about one-half of the traffic deaths and injuries are caused by crashes at intersections.
Common causes of intersection crashes include, but are not limited to:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Illegal turns and lane changes
- Rear-end collisions that push a car into the intersection
- Failure to stop for red lights and stop signs
- Road and weather conditions
- Defectively designed intersections
- Malfunctioning traffic lights
- Failure to yield the right of way
Regardless of why the accident happened, the accident victim can seek compensation for their economic and non-economic damages from the driver who caused the accident. However, the victim has the burden of proving fault. Our lawyers at the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid gather evidence and build a case proving the other driver caused your intersection accident.
Intersection Accidents in Naperville Cause Traumatic Injuries
Victims of intersection crashes often sustain catastrophic injuries. One reason is that intersection accidents often involve side-impact crashes and head-on collisions, which are extremely dangerous. Another reason is that multiple vehicles can be involved in the accident.
Injuries that victims sustain in Naperville intersection crashes include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injuries and whiplash
- Internal organ injury
- Back injury
- Soft tissue injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
It is crucial that you seek immediate medical treatment for your injuries after an accident. Detailed medical records help prove that the crash caused your injuries. Furthermore, prompt medical care refutes allegations by the insurance company that you failed to mitigate damages by delaying medical treatment.
Is There a Deadline for Filing a Claim After an Intersection Accident in Illinois?
The statute of limitations for most car accident claims in Illinois is two years from the accident date. A judge could dismiss your case if you do not file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires.
Exceptions to the Illinois statute of limitations could shorten the time to file a claim. Therefore, seeking legal advice as soon as possible after an accident is always wise. Our legal team at the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid is available 24/7 to discuss your car accident case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Naperville Intersection Crashes Lawyers
Please don’t wait until it is too late to file a car accident claim. Call us today to schedule your free case review with a Naperville car accident attorney. We are here to help you when you need trusted legal advice from a law firm willing to fight for your rights and best interests.