Current Personal Injury Cases
- Failure to diagnose and treat a ruptured spleen in a 22-year-old woman, resulting in her death
- Failure to diagnose and treat pneumonia in a 10-year-old girl, resulting in her death
- Failure to properly perform a cesarean section when the doctor ripped the umbilical cord, depriving the baby of oxygen and resulting in the baby’s death
- Hospital failure to use fall precautions for an 80-year-old patient who was a known fall risk, resulting in a fall causing a severe brain injury
- Improperly left gauze in a 68-year-old man during a hernia repair surgery, resulting in severe infection requiring subsequent surgical procedures
- Wrongful death of a woman who died in a motel fire as a result of an inadequate fire detection system
- Trip-and-fall on an improperly placed floor mat at a well-known food chain store, resulting in severe and permanent injuries
- Slip-and-fall on ice due to improperly placed downspout, resulting in fractured ankle requiring surgery and insertion of surgical metal screws and plate
- Slip-and-fall on oily water on the floor of a nationally known oil change facility, resulting in complex leg and ankle injuries
- Trip-and-fall on a raised and broken slab of sidewalk, resulting in a complex fracture of the arm requiring the insertion of surgical hardware
- Pharmaceutical product defect cases involving the deaths of two infants from cough and cold prescription medicines that were not approved by the Food and Drug Administration
- A defective passenger seat air bag improperly deployed during a low-speed frontal impact, causing catastrophic injuries to the eye and face of a 48-year-old woman.
- A large piece of a surgical retractor broke off during surgery, lacerating a major artery in a 33-year-old man, resulting in severe complications.
- A side-impact collision to the driver’s side caused severe cervical spine injury in a 30-year-old driver.
- A 60-year-old pedestrian in the crosswalk was struck by a vehicle, causing severe back and arm fractures.
A 29-year-old man was killed in a wrongful death case when the car he was a passenger in went out of control, left the road and rolled-over.
- A 44-year-old wife and mother was rear-ended while stopped at a light, resulting in herniated and bulging disks in her spine requiring spinal fusion surgery.
- A driver disregarded a stop sign and pulled directly in front of a 55-year-old man, causing a severe frontal impact resulting in neck injuries and post-concussion syndrome with neuropsychological deficits, confusion and memory loss.
- A 33-year-old woman suffered a severe closed-head brain injury while running in a sponsored event when a vehicle left the marked lane of travel, entered the designated course and struck the runner.
- A driver tried to “shoot the gap” in front of a 41-year-old man’s car, causing a serious crash that led to a spinal fusion surgery with complications from post-surgical pain medication.
- A car pulled out from a stop sign directly in front of a motorcycle, causing a severe knee injury requiring surgery.
- A large bull wandered off a farm and walked directly in front of a car at night on a rural highway, causing a violent collision and serious neck injury for the driver.
Free Attorney Consultations
To read more about the results the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid has achieved for our clients, please visit our personal injury lawsuit verdicts and settlements page. You can also contact our Naperville office by calling 630-848-9294 for a free initial consultation with a lawyer.