Wrongful Death Claims: Trusted Attorneys to Guide You Through This Difficult Time
If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s actions, the lawyers at the Naperville-based Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid are here to help. We have extensive experience pursuing wrongful death cases and seeking justice on behalf of surviving family members in Chicago and throughout Illinois.
We understand the emotional strain involved in losing someone you love, as well as the financial strain that can result. Our attorneys give you the personal attention, responsive communication and trustworthy advice that you need to get through this trying situation. These are challenging cases that we handle with confidence and compassion.
We Handle Everything So You Can Focus on Your Family
Our attorneys want you to understand that we consider it our responsibility to fully handle your wrongful death claim through every stage of the case. We aim to keep your involvement as minimal as possible, so that you can spend this emotional time with your family while we take care of all legal processes on your behalf.
Proven Strategies for Any Type of Wrongful Death Claim
Our law firm handles cases of wrongful death caused by:
- Accidents involving cars, trucks and other motor vehicles
- Medical malpractice, including surgical errors
- Birth injuries
- Dangerous or defective medications
- Premises accidents caused by property owner negligence
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Dangerous or defective products
No matter the cause, these are complex cases. Despite the complexity of these claims, our law firm has handled many of these cases and we have a strong record of success that has resulted in millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
Success Stories in Illinois and Beyond
Among our verdicts and settlements:
- A $1.7 million settlement for a family whose 2-month-old son died after a medication error. The parents had a prescription for the infant filled at a local pharmacy. The pharmacist dispensed medication that contained different active ingredients than the intended medication, which resulted in the boy’s death.
- A $1.4 million jury verdict for a woman whose doctors improperly placed a cerclage, which led to an early delivery in a high-risk pregnancy. The baby was decapitated during the delivery in view of the mother.
We Earn a Fee Only When We Get Results for You
All personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, which means you will not pay any attorney fees unless you receive compensation. Call 630-848-9294 and speak with someone who understands what you and your family are going through. You can email us at any time and we will get back to you right away.