Serious Legal Representation in Trip-and-Fall Accident Cases
Anyone who believes slip-and-fall lawsuits against property owners are frivolous or unnecessary would certainly change their minds after spending time with a serious injury victim. Whatever the precise cause, a bad fall can cause injuries that prevent a person from working, require multiple surgeries and sometimes are permanently disabling.
Evaluation of slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accident cases is a clear strength of our long-standing Chicago and Naperville, Illinois, area law firm. You can turn to us for caring, respectful treatment and honest insight into your likelihood of success with a premises liability claim, beginning with a free case evaluation.
Millions in Recoveries for Serious Fall Victims
Our successes for fall victims include:
- A $942,000 settlement for a woman who tripped on improperly placed, overlapping floor mats in a bookstore, suffering severe shoulder and neck injuries
- A $450,000 settlement for an elderly woman who fractured her hip when she stepped in a deep hole in a parking lot
Recognizing Conditions That Justify Legal Action
Although the burden of proof in these cases is heavy, our metro slip-and-fall accident attorneys are up to that challenge. Our experience extends to cases involving:
- Falls caused by dangerous conditions on commercial property – such as grocery stores, restaurants, auto service facilities and parking lots
- Residential property accidents, including those on unsafe stairways or defective sidewalks
- Falls caused by the lack of ice or snow removal, often related to improperly placed downspouts or other conditions that create a serious accumulation
Taking Fast Action in Premises Liability Cases
When possible, we will take fast action to collect photographic evidence of a defect, eyewitness accounts or other critical information – but even if the dangerous condition has been corrected since your accident occurred, our law firm may be able to prove property owner negligence and get results for you.
At the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid, we know that many people hesitate to contact a lawyer after a trip-and-fall or slip-and-fall accident – only to regret that decision when their injuries turn out to be even more serious than they originally believed. There is no financial risk involved when you call us for counsel, and we would much rather have you trust our experience than suffer without the compensation you need and deserve. Even if you are not sure if you have a case, call us. We can help. Call 630-848-9294 or email the firm.