1. Have Enough Insurance Coverage
Talk to your insurance agent about increasing Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage to protect you and your family. Also ask about Umbrella Policy coverage.
2. Do not text while driving.
3. Only use a hands-free cell phone.
4. Always where our seat belt properly.
5. Do not drive under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medications.
6. Make sure your tires are safe
Even if the tread on your tires look new, as tires near 5 years of age, unsafe blow-outs and tread separations can occur.
7. Install and use child car seats and booster seats correctly.
8. Teenage drivers should not have passengers
Even one passenger nearly doubles the fatal crash risk for teenage drivers and two or more passengers makes that risk five times higher than driving alone.
9. Do not use cruise control when roads are wet
10. Follow Illinois’ Rules of the Road
Our website provides a complete copy of the Rules of the Road and other information about driving safety.