Free Consultations:

No Fee Unless You Win | Phones Answered 24 Hours A Day

Map & Directions
Email Our Firm

30 Second Online Case Analysis

Were You Injured in IL?

Free Consultations: 630-848-9294

No Fee Unless You Win | Phones Answered 24 Hours A Day


Where Your Case Is All That Matters.

We’ve Recovered More Than


For Our Clients

Att Banner 2
  1. You Are Here: Home
  2.  » 
  3. Car Accidents
  4.  » Top 10 mistakes made by car accident victims

Top 10 mistakes made by car accident victims

On Behalf of | Nov 19, 2013 | Car Accidents

The moments and days after a serious car accident can be a blur. You may be in pain, you may be overwhelmed and you may not be sure what to do next. You can take steps to protect yourself after a car accident by seeking medical attention and contacting an experienced personal injury attorney. There are also some things you should not do.

The top 10 mistakes made by people injured in accidents are:

  1. Discussing your case with anyone other than your insurance agent, doctor and attorney.
  2. Giving statements to the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
  3. Trusting the at-fault driver’s insurance company to look out for your rights.
  4. Not taking photos of your damaged vehicle and your visible injuries
  5. Not seeing a doctor when you’re in pain
  6. Not following your doctor’s advice
  7. Not getting prescribed tests or treatment
  8. Not telling your doctor about all your medical problems because of the accident
  9. Not getting medical care because of lack of health insurance
  10. Not documenting lost wages, income and work benefits

If you are involved in a serious car accident, contact an experienced personal injury attorney right away. An attorney can advise you on steps you should take to protect yourself and begin to gather evidence necessary to help you obtain the compensation you need to recover.


FindLaw Network
Badge Sl Rated H
Badge Google H
Badge Mmdaf H
Badge Avvo H
Badge Top100 H

More of Our Results

Take Action Now! No Fees Unless You Win!

Click to send your case details: