Mark W. Mathys
- Founding Partner
As a founding partner with the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid, which has law offices in Naperville and Chicago, Illinois, attorney Mark W. Mathys is fully committed to helping his plaintiff injury clients secure the maximum amount of compensation for the injuries and losses they suffered as the result of someone else's negligent, careless or unlawful actions.
A highly rated trial attorney with more than 25 years of legal experience, Mr. Mathys has achieved unprecedented success advocating on behalf of innocent accident victims and their families, recovering millions of dollars in settlements and awards, and earning his membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Unlike many other personal injury attorneys, Mr. Mathys himself was the victim of a car accident caused by a negligent motorist who ran a red light and collided with his vehicle. This experience allows Mr. Mathys to better understand his clients' predicaments, which, in turn, enables him to provide a higher level of compassionate assistance and support to those he serves during their most difficult and uncertain times.
A 1990 graduate of St. Norbert College in De Pere, Wisconsin, Mr. Mathys obtained his Juris Doctor from DePaul University College of Law in Chicago. He received his license to practice from the Illinois State Bar Association that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the U.S. Supreme Court. He also holds his license to practice in Kentucky.
A native of Chicago, Mr. Mathys has deep ties to his community and a driving passion to aggressively pursue the most favorable outcomes possible on behalf of his clients. He is an active member with numerous local, state and national bar associations, and he has served as lecturer for a variety of legal classes at National Louis University and DePaul University.
Areas of Practice
- Automobile and Truck Collisions
- Birth Injuries
- Construction Site Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Accidents
- Product Defects
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Illinois, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1993
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2005
- Kentucky, 2014
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1993
- St Norbert College, De Pere, Wisconsin
- B.A. - 1990
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Business Administration
- Lecturer, Classes on Legal Issues, National Louis University
- Lecturer, Classes on Legal Issues, DePaul University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- DuPage County Bar Association, Civil Practice Committee
- Kane County Bar Association, Civil Practice Committee
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association's, Medical Negligence Committee
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Annual $500 Mathys & Schneid Scholarship to local college students