Acts of negligence, such as auto accidents, can result in a wide range of serious injuries. More often than not, there is a combination of injuries, such as a neck injury and traumatic brain injury. Broken bones are combined with a concussion. The entire body may have suffered damage. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries, it is critical that you team with an experienced attorney who will strive to get you full compensation for all injuries.
Contact the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid for a free consultation. We do not back down from challenging cases involving catastrophic injuries. With decades of legal experience on our side, we have already recovered millions of dollars for motor vehicle accident victims and victims of other forms of negligence. We can help you, too.
To get started, call 630-848-9294 or send us a message online. We serve clients in Chicago and Naperville, throughout the western suburbs and in cities around Illinois.
Representation in All Catastrophic Injury Cases
Our injury lawyers handle cases involving all types of serious injuries. Among our successes are:
- A $6 million jury verdict for two teens who suffered closed head injuries when the vehicle they were riding in was broadsided by a tractor-trailer. It was one of the largest verdicts in DuPage County history.
- A $1.25 million recovery for a 60-year-old man who suffered serious head and spinal cord injuries in a motorcycle accident. A minivan pulled out in front of him at a stop sign, forcing the man to lay down the bike and slide into the van.
- A $956,000 settlement for a 58-year-old woman who suffered a herniated disk in her lower back and permanent nerve injury when a distracted driver collided with her stopped vehicle.
- A $942,000 settlement for a woman who suffered neck injuries and shoulder injuries when she tripped and fell on improperly placed overlapping floor mats at a bookstore.
- An $871,639 settlement for a 34-year-old woman who suffered fractures of her ribs and a vertebra in her low back when she was thrown from a vehicle in an accident. She also suffered a bulging disk in her low back and a degloving injury to her right arm.
We handle cases involving loss of limbs and many other serious injuries, and we can help you with issues that go beyond your case. Clients with serious injuries face mounting medical bills. It's common for clients to be unable to pay their medical and accident-related expenses while their case is pending or to face challenges with insurers. Our law firm can often help resolve these issues.
For more information, see our blog post " Who pays my medical bills in a car accident?"
Compensation for Primary and Secondary Injuries
In every case, we work closely with victims' treating physicians and surgeons to understand the nature of the injuries. We know that primary injuries are always the first focus, to the extent that secondary injuries may not even be diagnosed until well after treatment for the primary injury is underway. Our catastrophic injury lawyers take great care to see that all injuries are diagnosed and treated appropriately and that we pursue full compensation for all of the damage done.
Speak With Our Experienced Naperville Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Begin your case with a free consultation. Contact us at the Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid to enlist the representation of attorneys with a reputation for success in cases like yours. In personal injury cases, we do not charge attorney fees unless we are successful in your case.