The attorneys at the Mathys & Schneid Injury Law have spent almost 30 years pursuing compensation in premises liability cases in Chicago and throughout the western suburbs. Over the years, we have developed a long record of success for premises accident victims.
Our success is built on our willingness to do whatever it takes to get results that matter for people like you. Call 630-428-4040 or contact us online for a free consultation if you have been injured in a slip-and-fall accident.
A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words
If you have been hurt on somone else’s property, photographic evidence can be critical for your case. Whenever possible, we rush to the scene of an accident to document the hazard and all relevant aspects of the premises with photographs. This documentation often becomes the cornerstone of our legal strategy.
Of course, the hazard is often quickly cleaned up after an accident, and there is simply no way we can get photographic evidence. This is a challenge that we overcome on a regular basis. Our experience allows us to meet any challenge the opposition puts forth to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Accepting and Handling the Burden of Proof
In premises liability cases, we have to prove a dangerous condition. Sometimes the danger is obvious; other times, it is hard to see. We frequently use safety or engineering experts to assist us in proving that the condition was dangerous to help you achieve a successful result in your case.
We handle premises liability cases involving:
- Slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accidents
- Failures to remove ice and snow
- Assaults or other violent crimes due to inadequate security
- Parking lot and sidewalk defects
- Unsafe stairways
While people commonly think of grocery store cases, we handle premises liability cases involving accidents at gas stations, restaurants, malls, department stores, and even apartment buildings and private homes.
Among our success stories:
- A $942,000 settlement for a 45-year-old woman who tripped and fell on overlapping floor mats at a nationally known bookstore. She fell and suffered shoulder and neck injuries that required several surgeries.
- A $380,000 settlement for a 60-year-old man who was injured when the handrail leading down a neighbor’s basement stairs gave way. During the man’s fall down the stairs, he fractured three ribs and a finger.
For more information about premises liability cases, read our articles:
- Health Care Workers Face Injuries From Slips, Trips and Falls in Hospitals and Clinics
- Understanding Illinois Premises Liability During the Winter Months
Contact Mathys & Schneid Injury Law — We Earn a Fee Only When You Get Results
All our personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis, which means you will not pay any attorney fees unless you receive compensation.